Volunteer Calgary is dedicated to supporting its non-profit member organizations by facilitating the growth and development of their volunteer engagement. From assisting our members with their challenges and celebrating their successes, to encouraging them to strengthen their programs, we are here to guide our members to improve our communities through volunteerism.
Volunteer Calgary's non-profit membership is open to all registered non profit societies, charities and corporations under Section 9 of the Companies Act.
If you are interested in becoming a member as a corporation please visit the Calgary Corporate Volunteer Council webpage. If you are an individual, please accept our warmest thank you for volunteering in Calgary! We hope you find your perfect volunteer experience.
- Network with other professionals and participate in important sector discussions at exclusive peer learning events.
- Ability to post unlimited volunteer opportunities on Calgary’s most highly used volunteer database.
- Exclusive opportunity to advertise your organizations volunteer needs and opportunities through Volunteer Calgary’s Weekly Volunteer Highlights.
- Exclusive access to Volunteer Calgary’s Community Service Learning program and the opportunity to engage skilled, motivated, post secondary student groups on key projects for your organization.
- Year round opportunities to engage corporate employee groups through Volunteer Calgary’s Community Connect projects.
- Access to exclusive training bursaries to help increase your learning and strengthen your organization.
- List your organization’s profile in the online non-profit member listing.
- Access to “Member-only” online resources and document templates.
- Reduced member rate on all Volunteer Calgary training offerings and other special events.
Volunteer Calgary membership fees are based upon on organizations operating budget and are on a tiered systems.
|Budgets less than $250,000/year
|Budgets $250,000 to $500,000/year
|Budgets over $500,000/year
Step 1: Complete the application form and submit.
Step 2: Volunteer Calgary will review your application and invite your Executive Director/Senior Representative and Volunteer Manager for an interview
Step 3: During the interview Volunteer Calgary will review our Membership Agreement with you and gain an understanding of your organizations current volunteer engagement
Step 4: Once your application has been approved you will receive a letter via email along with a condition of payment including our many convenient payment options
Step 5: Once your membership payment has been received by Volunteer Calgary you will receive a confirmation notice. The confirmation notice will include logon information for the member website and an invitation to an orientation. The orientation includes an overview of all of the incredible benefits you have access to through your Volunteer Calgary membership as well as introductions to available Volunteer Calgary team members.
If you would like a printed version of this form or if you have questions about applying for non-profit membership, please call (403) 231-1426.